Heartsaver® First Aid
August 01st, 2019 Posted by
Date(s) - 08/01/2019
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Howry Residential Services - Main Office
Heartsaver® First Aid is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrive. Students learn duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
CE/CME credits are not offered for this course.
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
***This is the First Aid portion of the dual First Aid/CPR class. If you wish to also take the CPR class, you must register for it separately.***
Bookings are closed for this event.