September 05th, 2017 Posted by
Date(s) - 09/05/2017
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Heartsaver® CPR AED is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult and how to relieve choking in adults. This course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven, practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult
Upon completion of this course, students receive an AHA Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
CE/CME credits are not offered for this course.
***This is the CPR portion of the dual First Aid/CPR class. If you wish to also take the First Aid class, you must register for it separately.***
Bookings are closed for this event.